Monday, August 6, 2012

Milky Way

      This is a shot of part of the Milky Way galaxy from a few weeks back. I used a head lamp to give the foreground a little light. It's amazing the amount of light and detail a camera is able to record. Using a wide aperture, longer exposure and high ISO will enable one to take photographs in low light. Unfortunately, the photographs end up being a little noisier or grainy. Small trade off for a little glimpse of our galactic neighborhood. Don't forget to click on picture.


3 comments:

  1. The only thing I can say is "WOW"!!! How fabulous is that? Thanks for sharing this and thanks too for the info on how you did it.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I can say is "WOW"!!! How fabulous is that? Thanks for sharing this and thanks too for the info on how you did it.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!WOW!WOW!
    I recommended your blog to my brother in law - he is very fond of stars and he agrees with me that your photos from the clear night sky over Canada are stunning!!!
    He´ll be on vacation in "Salzburg" (one of the 9 lands of Austria) with his family next week and he´s eager to try this, too... we´ll see :-) I lent him my SLR for this (I really do feel incomplete now!)
    Have a nice day and thanks a lot for sharing your amazing work!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete