Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One Place, Three Shots

      While on my way back home after doing a job, I decided to take a back road just to see if there was anything interesting to photograph. I stopped at a crossroads to survey the scene. While there wasn't anything special, I was attracted to the gold grasses contrasted against the snow. I stood at the intersection and decided to take three photographs all within 90 degrees of each other, basically south to south west. I allowed myself only 10- 20 feet to move around to change my composition. By giving myself these restrictions, I felt it would force me to look a little closer at my scene and find a way to make each photograph different enough to stand alone but also similar enough to work together and perhaps work as a grouping of images.
     While I was fairly satisfied with the compositions of the photos, I wanted to make them a little more dramatic. In Lightroom, I increased the clarity, which is something I do quite often simply because I like that look. It may not be for everyone but for me, it works. One of the things that happens when photographing snow is that it reflects the sky and can quite often have a blue hue rather than white. I decided to remove the blue and felt that one change made the difference. It seems to force you to hang around the photograph a little longer paying more attention to the details and shadows. Don't forget to click on the picture.





1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures Andrew.......especially the first one with the suns rays. Thanks for sharing!
    Babs

    ReplyDelete