Monday, January 20, 2014

People Pictures

     For the most part, I spend the majority of my photography time in the great outdoors creating landscape images. However, over the last few years, I have had the opportunity to photograph people for special occasions such as weddings, engagements, anniversaries, family shoots etc.  This type of photography is quite different from landscape photography. After taking pictures of a mountain scene, a sunset or an abandoned house it is very rare to hear these subjects complain about how they look in the final image. But people.......that's different!
      When taking photos of people, especially on important occasions, it is crucial that the client be happy with the final images. You probably are not getting a second chance. For me, that is what is so challenging about photographing people. But on the other hand, when a client expresses  appreciation over their pictures, it can really give the photographer a great feeling that you have somehow contributed to their joy. I feel that over time I have made some improvements in photographing people and know that I still have a lot to learn. I also have a real respect for talented wedding photographers that do it for a living as I know how nerve racking it can be. I am going to have the opportunity this weekend to hone my skills once again as I am going to do some of the photographs for my daughters upcoming wedding. A challenge, yes, but more so an enjoyable privilege. Hope they like them!
      Below are some photos from the engagement shoot for my daughter and fiance.













2 comments:

  1. Oh Andrew, I absolutely love these, they are stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete