Friday, August 5, 2011

Bald Eagle

       I think that capturing a high quality wildlife image is one of the most difficult types of photography. It can take a lot of time and patience to get the shot. Wildlife are generally skittish, shy and unpredictable, making this genre quite challenging. Some photographers go to great lengths to find their subjects, investing in expensive telephoto lenses and camo gear as well as creating blinds making them invisible to the animal. 
      Fortunately, I didn't have to go to that much trouble to capture this image of a Bald Eagle. This eagle had sat in this tree for at least 2 hrs, giving me time to complete a job I was doing and drive home to get my camera. I spent at least another 20 min sitting in my truck, with my arms propped over my head, waiting for the right moment. As soon as the bird twitched I pressed the shutter release. This is the result.
      Power is the word that comes to mind when I examine this photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment