Friday, July 8, 2011

Supercell?

        A few days back, Lorie and I decided to go for a drive east of Sundre and look for things to shoot: (old buildings, granaries etc.) One thing we didn't expect was to be caught in a severe thunderstorm with lightning and hail. We were keeping our eyes open for funnel clouds as tornadoes are becoming a little too commonplace around here lately. Although shortlived, this storm made for some amazing images.
       After looking at the pictures, I was happy with the composition but felt that they didn't accurately represent the mood and atmosphere we felt being there. I decided to use some post processing techniques that I use quite often in my photography to give them a more artistic feel, making them more frame worthy, in my view.
      What do you think?




2 comments:

  1. What can I say? This must have been scary, cool, awesome and beautiful - all at the same time. Great pics and do I detect a little humour in the *STOP* sign one? Good job Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! Very eerie and awe-inspiring! Great photography....as usual!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete